Last Revised: 06/26/19
- On the Website or through forms on the Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website
It does not apply to information collected:
- by us, offline or through any other means, including information collected through any other electronic means or any other Website specified by us or a third party;
- by MeiraGTx, the sponsor of the AQUAx study; or
- by any other third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be available from the Website.
Information That We Collect
When you use the Services, we may collect certain information about you (“Information”) in the following categories:
- “Personal Information,” which means information that identifies you (either directly or indirectly), including:
- Full Name
- Personal Email or Business Email
- Home or Mobile Telephone Number
- Zip Code
- Preferred contact time
- Health/Medical Information
- “Aggregate Information,” which means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, you. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, time and date stamp, and/or click stream data.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect Information in the following ways:
- Use the Services: we collect Personal Information you provide to us when you fill out a form to be considered for potential study opportunities, input information into the Services, create user generated content, request products, services or information from us, participate in public forums or other activities through the Services, or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
- Online Forms: when we collect your Personal Information, it is secured in our database and stored in portals for sites to securely access and follow up with potential participants to determine eligibility for this study.
- Via Phone Call and Text: you may be contacted by a staff member at a research study site if you meet the study requirements to discuss participation in the study. By providing your phone number and/or email to us through the Services, you consent to being contacted by us.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not recognize DNT.
How We Use Your Information
The purposes and reasons for processing your Personal Information are detailed below:
- We may use your Personal Information to provide you with the ClinEdge Services
- We may use your Personal Information to respond to your questions or to provide you with information you requested
- We collect your Personal Information for study and trial qualification
- We collect and store your Personal Information as you expressed interest in participating in a study or trial
Sharing Your Information
The ways in which we may share your Information include the following:
- When we make your Personal Information available to the study research sites for study and trial qualification and to contact interested patients.
- When we share Personal Information with third parties in connection with the sale of our business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings),
- To enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to investigate fraud, to respond to a government request, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation.
- In addition, we may share Aggregate Information with third parties, however you will not be personally identifiable from such information.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information, including the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your Personal Information, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and, modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or when you have chosen) a user name or password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
ClinEdge retains Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required in some cases to keep your basic Personal Information (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Children Under 13
Most of the services available on this Website are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requires information about any of our services, must be 18 and over. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from a minor under the age of 18, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility through direct off-line contact. We will provide the parent or guardian with notice of the specific types of Personal Information being collected from the minor and the opportunity to object to any further collection, use, and storage of such information. We abide by the laws designed to protect children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from persons under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it be deleted.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a user of this service and a California resident under the age of 18, you may request to have your posted content or Personal Information removed from the publicly-viewable portion of this Website by emailing us at email@example.com. In certain situations, content or Personal Information cannot be removed.
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose. See Contact Us below.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.